Sunday, December 6, 2009

Home

Being with you feels cloaked
Just like the warm blanket
You wrapped me in last night
When I felt cold on the couch

Your presence surrounds me
With love and attention
In your company I'm free
Able to simply be myself

You accept me the way I am
Like I cradle your soul
And you encourage me
To follow my dreams

Always needed to have time
To be alone, to be on my own
And now I want to live with you
Share your days and nights

Your place and mine
Provide us with two houses
But no matter where we are
My home lies with you

© MD

1 comment:

  1. Jules here. For a second time.

    I loved this poem, very sweet and warm. I should think that the Vman would also get warm fuzzies from reading it. Keep up with your writing, Marion. Your imagry is captured as well as your heart feelings. Love you, Jules

    ReplyDelete